Have you ever had an event happen in your life that was so funny that you wish you could rewind it and see it again in slow motion? Well, I had one of these moments a few days ago and am now wishing that I could have got it on video. Because if we had, we would be $10,000 richer.
On Saturday, Josh, Tia and I were driving home after dropping Taige off at a friends house. It was hot and Tia was asking for a drink, so Josh decided to stop at the 7-11 for a Slurpee. It had been a good day and we were all in a good mood, so we walked in to the store with happy thoughts of cool, icy, deliciousness. As we walked up to the Slurpee dispensing machine we were greeted with the usual sticky floor and colorful circles of flavor choices.
Tia chose a Coke and Pina Coloada mix. (If you are like me, you may be thinking Ewww! But it was her Slurpee and her choice). Anyway, being 'little miss independent' she wanted to fill the cup herself and did a fine job, but didn't quite fill the cup to the top. So, being the frugal Mom that I am, I decided to help and show her how to get the most Slurpee for dads buck.
I put on the clear plastic lid with the hole in the top, making sure that it was on tight, then held the cup up to the spout.
I turned the handle slowly until I heard the distinct "splursh" sound as sticky slush filled the cup. I let go of the handle as the slush got near the top, but I knew I could get more into it so I proceeded to fill the cup some more. Again I turned the handle slowly, but this time no slush came out, so I turned it a little more....and then a little more.
All at once Slurpee shot out of the spout and into the cup in a rush of air bubbles and sticky, icy, slush. It erupted out of the top like a volcano, spraying everything within three feet of where I stood, including me and Tia. I looked over at Tia and I will never forget the look of shock and incredulity as Coke flavored slush dripped from her hair and down her face. We were covered from head to toe.
Thinking quickly, I found napkins on the counter and dabbed as much of the slush as I could off of me, Tia the counter and the machine. Unfortunately I ran out of napkins before I could clean up the floor (it was so sticky already, I figured they needed to mop it anyway).
I then looked around to see if anyone had noticed and saw that the clerk was preoccupied. Whew! no one saw except for Josh.....or so I thought. As we walked up to the counter to pay for our Slurpees the clerk asked, "how are you today?"
I said, "fine".
Then I heard a voice filled with laughter say, "except for the Slurpee shower." I looked behind me and standing there was a gentleman customer grinning from ear to ear. All I could do was laugh as the clerk offered me a wet washcloth (which I graciously declined). The man was still laughing as he passed us driving home.
How I wish I could have caught that moment on video. I'm sure watching it as a casual observer must have been hilarious!
Later Tia told me, "Mom, you're kind of clumsy."




This made me Laugh Out Loud, snorts and all! Thanks for sharing your FHV moment. Hilarious!! :)
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there.....life's great moments !
ReplyDelete